1966 Mini Cooper S replica
I've said before, I don't condone gambling, but, competition web sites are a constant source of interesting cars. This little replica Cooper S is currently avaikable through Giveaway Guys website.
Based on a Mk1 850 bodyshell and commissioned as an “at-any-cost” build, this stunning Morris Mini Cooper ‘S’ Rally Replica was created by respected Mini specialist Simon Darby of Austin Morris Services (Isle of Wight) — and is widely regarded as his finest work.
Built circa 2006, this car captures the look, feel and attitude of a 1960s Works rally Mini, but remains road-legal and usable. It cuts an incredible dash and would be enormous fun to own and drive.
Using a Mk1 850 shell, stripped, repaired, new panels where needed by Simon Darby, MED 1340cc A+ block, straight cut gears with all new brakes and suspension.
Period correct twin tanks, works style dashboard, Cooper S banging, 10" Minilites, external cut off switch (keep it away from Clarkson and Hammond) Sump guard, race harnesses, roll cage, rear seat delete and stop watches are all fitted.
Its not an immaculate show queen, and its all the better for it. I don't know how, where or if it could be used as a competition car (I expect just where) but I'd be quite happy just tearing up B roads in it.
For complete clarity and transparency, I'm not affiliated to or with the Giveway Guys, I receive nothing for sharing this with you.
#mini #minicooper #minicoopers #minicoopersreplica #rallymini
















Comments
Post a Comment